Automatic enrichment device, remove and refit—Operation AA1-27
Workshop hand tools:
A—Delivery hose to inlet manifold
B—Air intake hose
C—Fuel pipe inlet
D—Bolts fixing Automatic enrichment device to support bracket
E—Float chamber vent pipe
and air system for A.E.D., remove and refit—Operation AA1-28
Workshop hand tools:
Spanner sizes: 0.375 in., 0.44 in., 0.56 in ., 0.81 in. and 0.19 in .AF open ended
Phillips screwdriver (medium)
Fuel and air system for A.E.D. to remove
and air system for A.E.D. to refit
1. Fit the hot air pick-up, together with a gasket, to the left-hand exhaust manifold. Ensure that the front pipe faces upward when the cover plate is fitted, then engage the tab washers.
hot air pick-up
A—Hot air pick-up
B—Fixings far hot air pick-up
|2. Fit the exhaust manifold assembly to the engine. Tighten the eight manifold securing bolts to a torque figure of 10 to 15 lb ft (1,4 to 2,0 mkg). DO NOT overtighten. Engage the lockplates.|
A—Exhaust manifold with hot air pick-up fitted
B—Fixings, manifold to engine
C-Front exhaust pipe left-hand
D-Fixings, front exhaust pipe to manifold
Connect the front exhaust pipe to the manifold.
4. Replace the leads on the sparking plugs.
5. Fit the rear pipe and hoses to the rear end of the hot air pick-up. Clip rear pipe to the rear face of the engine, noting that there may be other items clipped at the same point.
A—Air intake elbow
B—Hose for air cleaner and rear pipe
C—Hot air pick-up
D—Hose, hot air pick-up to rear pipe
E—Fixings for rear pipe
6. Fit the connecting pipe and hoses between the front end of the hot air pick-up and the A.E.D. Clipthe upper pipe to the rocker cover.
B—Hose for connecting pipe
C—Connection pipe, hot air pick-up to A.E.D.
D—Clip for upper pipe
E—Fixings for clip
F—Upper pipe from hot air pick-up
Fit the balance pipe between the A.E.D. and the left-hand carburetter adaptor.
8. Fit the fuel pipe between the fuel filter, A.E.D. and the left-hand float chamber.
and balance pipes
Fuel and balance pipes
D—Adaptor, LH carburetter
Fit the delivery hose between the inlet manifold and A.E.D., retain with
a spring clip at each end.
10. Fit the air cleaner, ensuring that the engine breather pipe is connected at the rear.
11. Attach the rear pipe hose to the adaptor at the rear of the left-hand air cleaner elbow.
12. Close the bonnet and carry out engine start to check operation of A.E.D.
Enrichment supply pipe